Monday 22 August 2011

Fun times on Tryfan

I've been spending a bit of time on Tryfan recently - 3 out of the past 4 days to be precise. Its a great mountain and I never fail to enjoy a good scramble or long climb to its rocky summit. On Friday I rounded off Rafael's mountaineering skills course with an ascent of Nor' Nor' Buttress on the East Face - an excellent grade 3 scramble. It was great to put into practice all the mountaineering skills we had looked at in the first 3 days of the course.


Rafael on Nor' Nor' Buttress

On Sunday I took new client Tony Cross out for a scramble that would push him a little. He had done a bit of grade 1 scrambling so we headed to the East face again and enjoyed Little and North Gullies in slightly damp conditions! The day was a birthday present from his wife so hopefully it will be a year he will remember.


Rafael on Tryfan summit

This week I am instructing on a Mountain Leader Training course based out of Blue Peris Mountain Centre. I took my team up the North Ridge of Tryfan and looked at managing groups through steep and rocky ground.

No comments: