Sunday 27 June 2010

What a weekend of climbing

I've been making the most of the fantastic weather, packing lots of climbing before the rain arrives next week. On Friday after work I climbed with Lou on Dinas Mot and we fired up the classic Plexus E1 and the odly named Hornets attack Victor Mature E2. Two great routes on amazing rock.



Yesterday I met up with 'Strong' John and paid a visited to Clogwyn Gafr in the Llanberis pass. This is a great little crag with excellent rock with a good selection of extreme routes. This was my first visit and I love the fact that I have been climbing in the Llanberis pass for 8 years and there are still area for me to explore. I climbed Diapsan E1 and Pulsar E3 whilst John managed 2 E5s - Outspan and Nectarine Run.



Today I climbed what could well be the best E2 in North Wales. John and I made the long trek up to Craig yr Ysfa on the side of Carnedd Llywelyn. It was well worth it and I climbed Aura - one of the best routes in North Wales - and Pinnaclisma. A great mountain day out.