Saturday 20 February 2010

Crib Goch - another amazing day

With a lot of fresh snow lying around I thought I would head onto Crib Goch instead of wading up a powder filled gully. I parked in the Llanberis pass and enjoyed blissful solitude as I stomped up to Cwm Glas and the start of the north ridge. This gave a good airy stroll with a couple of exciting steps to reach the east ridge - which was busy. My late start meant that a nice trail had been made along the crest to the pinnacles so it all felt pretty straight forward today - just a tricky and exposed move or two to gain the last pinnacle. From there I carried on along Crib y Ddysgyl to the top of Carnedd Ugain, all on amazing snow. After rescuing someone from the top of Parsley fern gully I ran and bumslid my way down it in a couple of minutes before ambling back to the van.

I cant believe how many amazing winter days out I have had this year is North Wales - its just been stunning - and there's no end in sight at the moment!